Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nothing like friends

This weekend, a large majority of my best friends from college came in town for a fun girl's weekend. It was amazing how it really didn't matter where we went or what we did, we just had a blast sharing stories from the past and present. I felt like I laughed the whole weekend! I am so thankful that my friendship with this amazing group of women has remained strong through the 15 years that we have been graduated from college. We very much missed our friend Heather, who was planning on joining us, but couldn't last minute due to her daughter being sick. Here is a picture of most of us taken at my house before dinner on Friday night.

We talked about starting a habit of sharing good recipes with each other. So here is the first recipe I would like to share!


Stuffed Poblano Peppers


4 large poblano peppers
3-4 tsp canola oil

1/2 cup diced onion

4 cloves garlic

3-4 links of spicy chicken sausage (or you can subsitute rotisierre chicken)

1/2 cup salsa (i like green)

1 cup corn

1 tsp ground cumin

2/3 cup (2 oz) manchego cheese, shredded, divided


Preheat oven to 400.


Heat oil over med heat and add onion. Cook for a few minutes until onion gets tender, and then crumble in the sausage and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and sausage is browned. Add salsa, corn, and cumin. Simmer over low for about 5 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 of the manchego (1/3 cup).


Lay poblanos flat and cut a T-shaped slit in each. Using your fingers, pry open the poblano and pull the seeds out. Stuff each pepper with the sausage mixture. Top each with the remaining cheese.


Bake 30-35 minutes.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sandra P Wellen said...

We love Poblano Peppers. I can't wait to try this recipe!