Sunday, December 2, 2012

EASY Chicken Enchiladas

I have made A LOT of chicken enchilada recipes over the years, and I will have to say this one is by far the easiest and also one of the best.  I got the recipe from Weight Watchers, believe it or not. I would recommend adding more cheese than the recipe calls for. Dig in!
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups shredded chicken breast (I just buy a rotisserie chicken and cut that up)
  • 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
  • 1 cup Monterey jack shredded cheese, divided
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 8 6 inch flour tortillas
  • Cooking Spray


Directions:
  • Preheat broiler.
  • Combine chicken, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper in micowave-safe bowl.
  • Microwave for 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
  • Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into center of each tortilla and roll up.
  • Place in 13 X 9 broiler-safe (not glass) baking dish coated with cooking spray.
  • Cover with 1 cup salsa and 1/2 cup cheese.
  • Broil 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Weight watchers says it serves 8, I say it serves 4. :)

No comments: