Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Man-pleasing" Chicken

Well that was the name of the recipe that I discovered on pinterest and my "man" was pleased although I think I was pleased the most.  It was delicious.  You can view the below link to see the original recipe but I have also included it below.  Enjoy!  Don't leave out the rosemary! That makes it in my opinion!
 
http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/
 
 
Ingredients:
  •  1.5 pound package boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  •  ½ cup Dijon mustard
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
  • Fresh rosemary
  • Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450ºF.  Mix together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and rice wine vinegar.  Put chicken thighs into a foil-lined, oven-proof baking dish.  Salt and pepper the thighs. Pour maple mustard mixture (save a little for basting) over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated. Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce halfway through.  Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Plate and spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary.

No comments: